In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Assembling frame rails, installing front and rear axles and suspensions, engines, transmissions, cooling packages’ and other components for fire trucks.
- You will also be running wiring harnesses in cab and chassis, installing interior/exterior lighting, seats and windows.
- Will be referring and reading blue prints/detailed schematics and follow directions to create parts and assemble the chassis according to customer specifications.
- Depending on the tasks assigned, workers frequently climb into/out of the vehicle cab or onto/off of compartments on the back half of the truck frame when adding the various sized components and framework.
- Will be cross-trained to work in the various stages of assembly within the work area.
- The work is performed in a warehouse setting where temperatures vary from approximately 50-90 degrees during the year.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-year degree or related technical education is preferred but not required
- 1+ years of experience of automotive or related field
- Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes and principles, design intent, customer end use, and impact of critical dimensions on product performance.
- Knowledge of basic inspection tools, machining skills or related fields
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be proficient in reading and writing English
Ability to perform lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, sitting and standing throughout the day. Good peripheral vision, hand/eye coordination.
Click to Download
Apply online for Rosenbauer Minnesota or Motors positions by clicking the link below.