As part of the Human Resource team, you are responsible for leading the staffing efforts of Rosenbauer, building a strong workforce that adds to the company’s bottom line. You will be efficiently and effectively filling open positions by developing recruiting plans using traditional sourcing strategies and new, creative strategies. You will be responsible for training staff on policies, company culture and laws that will create a solid team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Post positions, recruit staff and onboard all new Rosenbauer employees, this includes verifying all new hire processes are complete (ie: drug tests, mask fittings)
• Develop strong relationships with community members including local colleges and staffing agencies verifying Rosenbauer is seen as a top tier organization.
• Help build, implement and sustain a strong apprenticeship program.
• Verify all new hire paperwork is complete and turned in
• Prepare and present all 90-day review forms to supervisors and verify timeliness of completion.
• Roll out benefits including 401K program to all new staff members
• Plan and carry out all new hire orientations
• Attend job sourcing events such as job fairs, open houses and local events to introduce Rosenbauer to the community and recruit potential employees.
• Update and maintain training matrix.
• Communication skills: Must communicate openly, honestly and timely with managers and employees to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads. Communicate with potential job candidates in a timely manner ensuring they want to be a part of the Rosenbauer family.
• Interpersonal skills: Possess the ability to work with various departments on filling open positions and fostering teamwork. Effectively deal with potential candidates.
• Decision-making skills. Must review candidates’ applications and decide whether they meet the qualifications to be considered for positions.
• Discretion: Must be able to handle confidential information.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Travel required: 10-20%, may require some over night travel to other Rosenbauer sites, local travel required to visit community members and attend local events such as job fairs
Required education and experience
• 4 year college degree in either Human Resources or Business Administration
• 2 years of recruiting experience including exempt and non-exempt placemen
Preferred education and experience
• Manufacturing experience
• Certification in Human Resources (PHR and/or SHRM-CP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.