Position: Rosenbauer Motors Mechanical Designer/Detailer
Start date: January 2019
Position Reports To: Engineering Supervisor Chassis Status: Full Time Salaried, 1st shift
Benefits: 401(k), Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Holidays, Vacation or PTO
Compensation / Salary: Depending on qualifications
Posting Date: 12-13-18 Closing Date: 12-31-18
Responsible for creating mechanical components for the chassis and drawings associated with the vehicle. This position will work directly with engineers and shop personnel. Design components, detail drawings, and correct redline prints. This position will also be responsible for creating bill of materials for components that have been created. The individual will also work with vendors during the design and manufacturing process. The individual needs to be able to work independently with little direction. A strong mechanical background is needed similar to automotive or manufacturing/fabrication.
- SolidWorks preferred, but other CAD software acceptable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Understanding of assembly methods for efficient assembly and serviceability.
- Manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- Climb in and out of the vehicles
- Work above their head during prototype design installation
- Manufacturing of components or weldments
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Automotive repair facility (hands on experience)
- Work in the automotive audio field
- Install automotive emergency radio and signal equipment
- Two-year Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design or 3 years’ experience in similar manufacturing environment.
How to Apply:
Interested internal candidates must be in good standing (not on corrective action) and must have worked in current department a minimum of one year before being considered unless deemed a necessity by management. Contact Danielle Nelson in Human Resources to complete an Internal Posting Application. Danielle can be reached at 651.462.7566. External candidates may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 651-462-7590. EOE