- Plan, organize, and direct day-to-day operations to achieve our quality policy statement.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and develop standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure an acceptable return on assets.
- Collect and analyze data to find and eliminate waste.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality and safety standards.
- Implement operation strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance for supervisors and the production team.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, purchasing and materials to ensure that components are sold, designed and purchased in a manner that results in efficient assembly.
- Work with human resources to attract and retain a qualified and engaged workforce.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Stay current on ISO processes and requirements.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a production/plant manager.
- ISO proficient.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Thorough understanding of how to apply Lean Manufacturing practices in a custom environment.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation and inventory processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one on one basis and in a group setting.
- Production Manager will report to the CEO.
Rosenbauer Motors, LLC., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.