The Laser Operator functions within the Fabrication Department. Using top of the line laser machines the Laser Operator will be responsible for setting up and processing the programming of print packets. Using skills of precision and the instructions of the work order and production supervisor the Laser Operator will develop the packets for the products made by Rosenbauer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Programming of Print Packets, assuring detailed accuracy
• Accountable for all records created by the Laser
• Handle material ordering, verifying necessary and correct supplies are received in a timely manner
• Perform weekly maintenance of laser machine
• Understand, set-up and manipulate the operating features of the Laser opertaion with minimal support.
• Such as, but not limited to; open source and job files, save files, apply and change parameters, etc.
• Locate work orders and process them within the time allotment according to the work order, production schedule and department objectives.
• Perform and document quality control checks per the work order requirements.
• Ability to identify quality issues and recognize changes within the production process and make the needed adjustments.
• Communicate progress of project to the appropriate Supervisor or Shift Lead.
• Ability to correctly interpret a dimensional mechanical drawing.
• Capable of executing basic measuring programs using the designated measuring systems.
• Able to perform field of view changes on standard laser operating equipment.
• Able to complete pre and post offline operations per shop standards.
• Accurately and truthfully complete all paperwork requirements for assigned work orders.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Uphold all safety policies and procedures
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Warehouse setting with varying temperatures and sound levels
Required education and experience
• High School Graduate or GED
Preferred education and experience
• Secondary /Vocational Schooling
• 1-2 years of Laser Operating Experience
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.