Internal/External Job Posting
EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Manager #11330
This position works as a member of the Human Resources department and is responsible for identification and implementation of initiatives that deliver continuous improvement in environmental, health and safety programs and for compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines within Rosenbauer America locations
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate all activities related to company Environmental, Health & Safety programs
• Oversees the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time by collaborating with insurance carrier claims adjusters, nurse case managers, and other appropriate staff to ensure proper management of claims.
• Creates and maintains company programs to prevent on-the-job injuries and illnesses.
• Partners with the operations teams to implement ergonomically sound and safety conscience production line and process changes.
• Leads accident investigations in collaboration with managers/supervisors to uncover root causes and implements corrective action; follows up on corrective action to ensure hazards are mitigated.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Government Regulations concerning OSHA, DOT, DENR, EPA, etc. including permits and certifications.
• Verifies that company is current on all required certifications and licenses.
• Compiles and submits reports required by Company and outside regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for the promotion, communication and education of all hourly and salaried employees on safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene, and environmental programs.
• Leads employee committee involvement as it pertains to safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene and environmental programs. Conducts monthly safety meetings and audits.
• Manages company resources and budgets as it pertains to safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene, and environmental programs.
• Maintains safety files, records, to include SDS information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Industrial Hygiene, Occupational and Environmental Health Science, engineering, or related field, from four-year college or university, or equivalent education.
• 7-10 years’ experience in EHS and 5 or more years’ experience as EHS Manager.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point) and electrical/mechanical knowledge a plus.
• Strong communicative skills (interpersonal, speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management
• Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
• CSP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months.
Location: Lyons, South Dakota or Wyoming, Minnesota
Salary: Competitive Salary DOE
Date Posted: April 27, 2020
Close Deadline: May 15, 2020 or until posting is filled
Internal applicants should turn in a completed internal application form and resume to Human Resources.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Disability Application Accommodations: Please specify which position you are seeking to apply for employment. Email email@example.com or call Marti Robinson at 605-543-9778.